What a friend we have in Jesus, All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry Everything to God on prayer.
Oh, what peace we often forfeit; Oh, what needless pain we bear ---
All because we do not carry Everything to God in prayer.
Text: Joseph Scriven
Tune Charles Converse
Bill told me that this is one of the hymns that he wants sung at his Memorial.
On Sunday, August 30 at 3:15 pm Jesus took Bill in his arms and gave him eternal rest. The last two days of Bill's life were peaceful. Well, except that he had to put up with Nurse Sue fumbling around to keep him clean and shaved. I was in the bedroom with him talking while straightening things and he stopped breathing. It was over. In the morning I had sat with him and had told him that I could feel the angels sitting on the bedposts watching and guarding him. I love the angels. Bill mostly kept his focus in life on Jesus and his relationship with God.
Just a few minutes after Bill died two friends from church came. Boy, God knows how to take care of me. They took over and took care of me. I told mom and called Amanda and Karl. That was really all that I was capable of doing. The funeral home came and they were wonderful with Bill. They gave mom and I all of the time that we needed. One of our church family started singing hymns and we sang Bill out of the house. He used to sing to shut ins and people who where close to death. Bill loved to sing and he loved to sing God's praise.
We are having a Memorial for Bill on Saturday September 5 at 11:00. We will have a light lunch for everyone following the service. Bill wanted the members of Redeemer to do the Memorial so we will. Our family is coming in from all over, bless their hearts, and I am surrounded by love.
I have to say that I feel like I am walking through the darkest night without my compass. I feel God's presence and I feel Jesus walking and holding my hand. I wanted Bill to walk the rest of my life with me, but I am not going to get what I want. Please pray for me, that I can face my future and regain my life is joyful outlook. I will probably post a few more blogs at least. I have heard that this has been a good thing for lots of the readers. Frankly, this has been part of my salvation. I feel like I am close to all of you and that I am personally talking with you. I love all of you and thank you with my broken heart for your love, care, kindness, and prayers. Love, Sue
PS - I read this and realize that I didn't put in some details, so I will add more later. For now, I need to stop. I am crying too hard. If there is something you want at Bill's Memorial, or if you are going to be there and want to say something please let me know. We are just going to have fun and love Bill and PRAISE GOD FOR ALL OF HIS BLESSINGS AND FOR TAKING CARE OF MY SWEET WILLIAM.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We love you! Kamm and Joey
ReplyDeleteSusan I love you and my prayers are with you
ReplyDeleteJoyce
Sue,
ReplyDeleteThis was beautiful. Thanks so much for being so open and letting us share your grief. I hope you find peace in the days to come.
Much love - Cousin Laura
We share Laura's sentiments. Thank you, Sue, for being so real about your pain, sorrow, and faith! We love you, Sue, and we share your tears. We were privileged to know and love Bill as our pastor for only 4 years or so, and our hearts are filled with marvelous memories and feelings. We can only imagine what blessings God has given to you through Bill. We trust that the same Lord who gave you Bill and has now called him home, will continue to care for you, comfort you, and bless you. He is faithful.
ReplyDelete