Thursday, August 6, 2009

A late post is better than not post

They say that confession is good for the soul. So - I confess that I forgot our password and tried every variation that I could think of and never lucked onto it until this morning. So - I have now written it down in a "secret" place so that I can communicate when I want to. Sorry fellow readers.

Bill has been extremely tired for the last two days. We aren't sure what this is from, but are guessing that the accumulated radiation is effecting his energy level. He is spending more time lying down and sleeps more. I am hoping that he can regain a bit more energy over the weekend when he doesn't have radiation. Bill wrote farewell letters to the prisoners that he has corresponded with, some for years, about their Christian faith. He wrote a general letter and then wrote personally on each letter. He has asked Amanda to post the letter because it says a lot about how he is handling this whole Cancer. Bill said that it was hard to say good bye to his friends, knowing that some of them get no contact from the outside world except from him. Please pray for them today, that Jesus will comfort them and give them courage to keep their faith strong and their lifestyle Christlike, even in prison. We all know that Jesus is always with us, but sometimes we don't feel it. We know that these men have committed crimes and are being punished, but we also believe that we can feel compassion for them just as God felt compassion for us and gave us Jesus.

Gosh, a sermon - sorry. My emotions are running high these days and I get carried away.

Karl is returning to Arizona today. He was with us for a week. He was very anxious about his father and we hope that by spending time with him Karl was able to feel some comfort in the awful time. We want him to return to school and keep getting his education. Amanda took Karl shopping for some new clothes, he saw the dentist for his teeth cleaning and spent time with Bill.

Ron joins us tonight - late. Bill and I will be sleeping, we hope! I have a list of "computer questions" for our computer son in law. I think I will keep him busy. Our weather is finally cool. It is actually cooler than is normal in August. What a crazy weather summer we are having. I guess that nothing is normal in our lives this year.

We received a card with this verse: Isaiah 26:3, You will keep in perfect peace, him whose mind is steadfast: because he trusts in you." Our hearts are in turmoil, our earthly minds worry, but when we focus on God and trust in his will then we do feel peace. We continue to pray for healing and today we also pray that Karl will have safe travel to Arizona and Ron will have safe travel to us. May God protect all of you, and keep you in His peace. Love, Sue

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Sue and Bill, I have your blog open as one my home pages so I can keep up with each post, which serves as prayer fuel for the day. We love you both very dearly and pray with aching hearts that God will continue to sustain you in His mercy and peace.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts here.