Thursday, September 24, 2009

Kristn is visiting

Good Evening lovely friends and family,

Today my sister Kristin and I went and received Bill's remains. I am so grateful to God that she is in town this week and could come with me to receive him. His soul is gone. He lives with God. Oh what a sweet thought that is - to live with Jesus. Still, it was hard to carry him home. I haven't picked a spot for his rest here on earth. I don't think I will pick a final spot for the two of us until I know which house I will be living in for the long term. Have you had occasion to think about visiting your loved ones and whether you would or not? Kris and I talked about our parents, both of whom we loved dearly. I have visited their graves and in the early years after their death I visited once or twice a year and enjoyed it. My parents both loved flowers and I would take daffodils in the spring and roses in the summer. I haven't visited them for at least 3 years because it is an hour and a half drive and not close to anything. I know they are with God and I find more comfort just talking with them and thinking about them then going to the cemetery. But, I do think that I would like to visit Bill. He also loved flowers and plants and I would like to take him some of my roses in the summer and tulips in the spring, and he really loved dahlias for late summer. So - pray that God will show me a place for he and I to rest ourselves on earth - our souls will rest for all eternity with the Great I am and I long for that day. So, we sat in this pretty cemetery where Bill was cremated and I cried for my loss. Bill has the final victory over death - eternity with God. I feel so alone and I miss him. I miss his laugh and his teasing. Well, I miss lots of things about him. Okay - here comes the joke - you all know that he was perfect and we will have to make him a saint. (get it - Bill wasn't really perfect)

Well - I thought that was a joke, but actually I had to take a break. My sister was laughing very hard and I wondered what was so funny. Then I smelled something burning & ran downstairs. She had put some popcorn in the microwave and it was burned to a crisp. She said that it was still popping, but black is really truly black. She was laughing so hard that she couldn't hardly stand up. My microwave was open, the garbage can was out and she was trying to open my kitchen window. Sooooo- I opened all the windows, turned on the fan, laughed at my sister until I could hardly stand up and tonight turned out to be a good night. I did make her more popcorn, but I made it - I don't trust her anymore.

So - Bill is gone. Life keeps happening. I am so lucky that my sister is with me and that we had a fun adventure tonight. Bill is laughing in heaven. So sweet friends, laugh with me and Bill tonight. I miss him. I love him. He would have loved to tease Kris and he would tell us all to laugh. I love you all. So many of you have given and given and given of your time, your love, and your prayers. Thank you and please keep praying. No Bible verse tonight. I guess it is time to start looking for the fun Bible verses. Love, Sue

2 comments:

  1. I can just imagine. Smelly and black and the fan is running, glad you laughed! Have fun with Auntie Kris!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sister Sue. I did laugh. I thought of you and Bill. I smiled. I prayed. Rest well in the love of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts here.