Monday, July 27, 2009

Heat is icky

Yuck, what a nasty day today was. We have over 90 degree heat and we did everything we could to stay cool, thank goodness for Cindy our neighbor who had a portable swamp cooler that we could use. We plugged it in this morning and between fans, the cooler, keeping the house closed and dark we are doing okay. Dad is looking okay. He ate a fairly large dinner for it being hot. He even remarked he ate quite a bit. He is saying food tastes bitter so we are aiming for sweet foods and lots of fruit. (I picked up some Real Fruit fruit bars and sorbet and he seemed to like them.) He is starting to break out from taking the Tarceva (did I spell that right?) and that is supposed to be good. So we are smiling.
We also really appreciated that we had friends who could come by and be kind today. We enjoyed seeing people and talking short walks. I am so happy to be here with my dad and mom and thankful for my husband who could support me through this time.
Recently dad has been having me read to him from Luke, anywhere from Luke. I have enjoyed reading about the journey of Jesus and the various acts through Luke. If nothing else I have seen during this visit with my parents I have seen the love of Jesus shine through my father in his interactions with those he has ministered to over the years. Thank you for all the phone calls, dad is not talking on the phone but as soon as I hang up I am relaying the whole conversation to him and he loves to hear from those who care.
We wish you all the best,
Amanda, Bill and Sue

2 comments:

  1. We are having sunshine today too! Whoohoo! Last night we had a picnic with friends at Lena Cove. Beautiful with calm water and mountains in the background. Tomorrow we take off with the girls to Tenakee to spend the weekend. Will think of Bill as we pull shrimp and crab pots. Should be lots of whale activity. May also get some coho fishing in. Wish they were here to help eat the fresh sockeye salmon. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I was reading from the book of Psalms and as I read Ps. 27:1 I though of Bill and how he ministered to so many over the years. He and the family are in our prayers daily. Thanks for keeping us posted.
    Pastor Paul and Debi

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts here.